On those days when you just can’t choose a color, or you’re feeling extra-sleek and trendy, an all-black outfit is a solid option no matter the occasion.
(image via stylecaster)
Why do we love the all-black look so much? Frankly, we could write a book, but we’ll start with some of our top reasons:
- Wearing all black means you don’t have to worry about matching: Black top, black pants, black shoes, black bag, and you’re done!
- All-black outfits are super-versatile and can be tailored to any style.
- Black looks amazing on all skin tones.
- If you love accessories, all-black outfits are dramatic canvases for layering.
- Black is typically great for camouflaging stains – food, ink, sweat…you name it.
- All-black automatically looks classy and dressed up.
- Black is timeless, so you never have to worry about being out of style.
If you’re new to the all-black look, you may be worried it can seem a little boring. We’re here to assure you that this is simply not the case! But if you need some extra assurance, here are our favorite ways to make an all-black outfit a little more exciting:
Opt for Classic All-Black Pieces
High-waisted trousers, a basic top, and crushed velvet pointed-toe flats are the opposite of boring – show-stopping even!
Add a Colorful Accent Piece
Whether it’s by way of your shoes, earrings, or handbag, embellish an all-black outfit with a big pop of your favorite color.
Incorporate Vintage Items
If you’re concerned your all-black outfit is missing something, pull out a vintage hat or a piece of dramatic vintage jewelry.
Throw in a Fun Pattern
Just because you’re going all black doesn’t mean you can’t still rock a pattern. Sometimes switching out a plain black top for gingham or a black band tee is all you need to change the vibe and complete your look.
(image via tania sarin)