Making homemade nut butter is so worth it. You can play with different flavor combinations and get creative. Now, we may have gone a little overboard with all the combinations you can make, but they are able to be tailored to your tastes, and better than anything you can get from store-bought nut butter. They’re simple, easy, and delicious!
Vanilla Maple Almond Butter
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Dash of Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with the sunflower seeds and almonds. Roast for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the roasted nuts to a food processor and blend for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add your coconut oil and continue blending, this time for 8 to 10 minutes. Stop every few minutes to scrape down the sides and continue mixing.
- Add the vanilla and maple syrup and mix for five more minutes.
- Store in a glass jar, keep it in the fridge and enjoy!
Creamy Cashew Butter
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey (or any sweetener of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place cashews on a baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes. Be careful not to let them burn!
- Place cashews in a food processor (after they are cooled) and blend for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and blend for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once everything is smooth and incorporated, place in a glass jar and put in the fridge.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl
- 1 ½ cups of peanuts, roasted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Blend peanuts in a food processor for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut oil and honey, and continue blending for 5 minutes.
- Next, place half the batter in a jar and add cocoa powder to the remaining half.
- Blend the cocoa with the peanut butter for 2 minutes. Now you have a chocolate peanut butter and a regular one.
- Finally, pour both mixtures in a new glass jar, creating a swirl pattern and serve.
Vanilla Cinnamon Espresso Hazelnut Spread
- 2 cups of raw hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp high-quality coffee beans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar or honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread hazelnuts on a sheet pan and roast them for 10 to 15 minutes. Give the pan a shake halfway through the roasting time.
- Let the hazelnuts cool, remove some of the skin if possible, and place them in a food processor (or blender).
- Blend the nuts for about 5 minutes, scraping down the side as you go, once creamy, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Store in a glass jar and use it for up to a week in the fridge.
Our favorite nut butter combinations that you can try with the same techniques are:
- Almond, cashew, and hazelnut butter
- Almond butter with Himalayan pink salt and cinnamon
- Pecan and cashew butter
- Cashew butter with vanilla bean
- Hazelnut, maple syrup, and cocoa butter
- Peanut, coconut sugar, and mixed spice butter