This Halloween, countless children will go trick-or-treating and fill their bags to their little hearts’ content. As a parent, though, it’s important to remember to check all their candy before they eat anything. Here are some tips to keep in mind when trick-or-treating with your kids this Halloween.
- Check for any unsealed candy. Squeeze the wrapper, and if there’s a pocket of air, it’s good to go.
- Any candy that’s been repackaged should be thrown out.
- Discard any homemade food items – this includes things like caramel apples and popcorn.
- Wash and cut any fruit into tiny pieces to check for objects that may be lodged inside.
- Don’t let your kids eat any baked goods from unfamiliar people.
- Throw out any candy that has expired.
- If your child has an allergy, always check the ingredients listed on the package.