Summer is right around the corner, and you know what that means: It’s time to say hello to that cold caffeinated beverage you’ve been dying to have! Keep reading for a few ah-mazing options you can make at home!
Dirty Iced Chai Latte
Rich espresso combined with spiced chai creates an extraordinary flavor combination. Need we say more? A dirty iced chai latte is easy to make. Just follow this recipe from Roasty Coffee.
- Steep your tea accordingly in 6 oz of hot water.
- Brew 1 shot of espresso.
- After steeping the tea, add honey to taste and pour over ice.
- Add espresso and cold milk to taste.
Vietnamese Iced Coffee
The dynamic duo: sweetened condensed milk and strong coffee. Follow this recipe from Coffee Affection to make your perfect blend at home.
- 2-3 Tbsp Vietnamese ground coffee or dark roast coffee
- 8 oz cold filtered water
- 1-2 spoonfuls sweetened condensed milk (to taste)
- ½ cup ice (or coffee ice cubes)
- Put ice into a glass, then place this directly under the pour spout, if possible. If you are using a carafe, put the glass aside for later.
- Scoop Vietnamese ground coffee into your coffee filter.
- If your machine has an iced coffee option, select it and let the brewing begin! Otherwise, brew a cup of coffee straight onto ice. Once it has finished brewing, remove the glass from under the drip spout.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over coffee and ice. Stir vigorously and enjoy!
Iced Matcha Latte
Coming up on the list of trendy cold drinks this summer is the iced matcha latte. If you’re not a coffee lover, this is the perfect drink for your taste buds. So start brewing your matcha green tea today! To make it a latte, just add milk, ice, and sugar to taste.
Feeling fancy? Try a floral caffeinated beverage like the lavender latte! The subtle hints of lavender are quite tasty, and the caffeine kick is just what you need to start your day. We like this recipe from Roasty Coffee.
- ¼ cup dried lavender
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
For the Lavender Simple Syrup
- Combine water and lavender in a small pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Separate buds from water using a mesh strainer.
- Combine sugar and approximately 3 Tbsp lavender water in another pan.
- Bring contents to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 4 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Store in the refrigerator.
For the Lavender Latte
- Brew coffee and pour into a mug.
- Add lavender simple syrup and stir.
- Froth warm milk of choice.
- Pour milk over coffee.
Coffee meets citrus in this combo beverage. Try it out at home using this recipe from Coffee Affection.
- ½ cup cold brew or cooled coffee
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Sugar or honey (to taste)
- ½ cup tonic water
- Ice cubes (or coffee ice cubes)
- Add coffee, lemon juice, and sugar (or honey) to a Mason jar or cocktail shaker.
- Shake thoroughly.
- Fill a glass with ice
- Pour in tonic water.
- Add coffee mixture and enjoy!
Nothing makes a drink sweeter and tastier than adding ice cream – and that’s exactly what this affogato recipe from Barista HQ does. All you’ll need is a scoop of vanilla ice cream and an espresso shot. If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can experiment with regular or instant coffee.
The trick is to pour the coffee carefully to achieve the right balance between bitter and sweet. Want to spice it up? Add some coffee liqueur for a boozy twist.