Thanksgiving is a time for good food, good company, and of course, good cocktails. Whether you’re entertaining for the holiday or you’ll be an attendee in charge of bringing something, we’ve got three quality cocktails that are sure to please.
Apple Butter Old-Fashioned
(image and recipe via the cookie rookie)
If you like the classic old-fashioned, a drink guaranteed to warm you from the inside out, then we have a feeling you’ll love this version that incorporates apple butter and apple cider with your favorite bourbon. And, it’s garnished with fresh apple slices and cinnamon!
- 2 Tbsp apple butter
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters or orange bitters
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1½ oz club soda
- Coarse sugar for rim
- Apple slices and cinnamon stick for garnish
- Place apple butter, bitters, apple cider, and bourbon in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Rim your glass with sugar and fill with ice.
- Pour apple butter mixture over ice and top with club soda.
- Serve garnished with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
Cranberry Thyme Spritz
(image and recipe via half-baked harvest)
If you’ve been tasked with concocting a real crowd-pleasing cocktail, look no further than this cranberry thyme spritz. It is light, crisp, and sweet with hints of thyme and botanical. Plus, it’s pretty to look at!
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 8 oz vodka
- 4 oz elderflower liqueur
- ⅓ cup fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice, plus slices for serving
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4-6 ginger beers
- Star anise, for serving (optional)
- In a medium pot, bring ½ cup water, honey, cranberries, thyme, and ginger to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes or until the cranberries begin to burst, then remove from heat. Let cool. Remove thyme and ginger. If desired, strain out cranberries.
- In a large pitcher, combine cranberry syrup mix, vodka, elderflower liqueur, grapefruit juice, and lime juice. Chill until ready to serve.
- Add ginger beer just before serving. Garnish each drink with a grapefruit slice and star anise, if desired.
Cinnamon Apple Cider Mimosas
(image and recipe via 40 aprons)
If a holiday brunch is more your thing, you’ll appreciate these cinnamon apple cider mimosas. And the best part? They only require three ingredients!
- 750 ml dry sparkling wine
- 32 oz organic apple cider
- About ¼ cup cinnamon whiskey (like Fireball), plus more to taste
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- Fresh rosemary
- Cinnamon sticks
- Combine sparkling wine and apple cider in a pitcher, then stir in cinnamon whiskey. Add more cinnamon whiskey to taste.
- Garnish with thin apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and fresh sprigs of rosemary. Serve immediately.
Tip: To make just one, pour almost equal parts of apple cider and sparkling wine (with a little more apple cider). Add a splash (or a glug) of cinnamon whiskey to taste.
Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving cocktail recipe? Share it with us in the comments below!