If you’re an avid fan of The Bachelor franchise, you’ve felt a hole in your heart this summer with no Bachelor in Paradise and a delayed The Bachelorette season. We get it, you need your fix and somehow The Bachelor: Greatest Seasons Ever isn’t quite cutting it. Who knew reruns were boring? Well, just when we thought we weren’t going to get any good drama until the fall, the other shoe dropped, and rumors started to fly about Clare Crawly being replaced as the bachelorette. Here are the highlights, the latest fan theories, and our take on all the drama.
Setting the Scene
Before the pandemic, we were on track for a semi-normal The Bachelorette experience with Clare Crawley. She was set to be the oldest bachelorette in the franchise’s history, and we were all excited at the possibility of watching a mature relationship unfold. Then, COVID struck and everything was put on hold. Fast-forward to a few weeks ago, when filming was finally allowed to begin for a quarantine-style version of The Bachelorette. Roses were being given out; all was right with the world.
A False Start
Then, the rumors started.
- First, it was mild hints that Clare wanted to leave the show and she was difficult to work with on set.
- Then we found out Clare was in fact leaving the show and would be replaced.
- We heard that Clare found love with contestant Dale Moss after just 12 days of shooting and they wanted to leave the show together immediately.
Wow, what a whirlwind. The latter part isn’t 100% confirmed, but what is confirmed is Clare is done with filming and Tayshia Adams, (who we love), who we know from Colton Underwood’s season and the most recent Bachelor in Paradise, will be stepping in to finish out the season.
What. A. Mess.
Here’s where things start to get really crazy.
- On August 6, reports started coming out that production was not satisfied with the energy from Tayshia and her suitors, so they decided to pivot yet again.
- The unconfirmed rumors state that production is bringing Hannah Ann Sluss and Becca Kufrin to compete alongside Tayshia for the men’s affections.
- There are photos of Hannah Ann on location. Hannah is hot off the heels of her turbulent (no pun intended) season with Peter Webber, and Becca Kufrin has been single for about one minute after ending her two-year engagement to the winner of her season, Garrett Yrigoyen. We don’t know anything for sure, but this sounds messy.
Luckily, reality know-it-all, @RealitySteve, came out saying he feels confident the above scenario is not transpiring and Tayshia is the only true bachelorette. The sightings of Hannah Ann and Becca are simply cameos for the season.
WOW. That’s a lot to unpack. With so much drama before the first episode has even aired, we can at least feel confident that this season may be “the most dramatic season ever.”
Will you be tuning in? Let us know in the comments what you love, hate, and can’t stop talking about in Bachelor Nation.