When the weather changes, so does our skin. This is especially true when the weather gets colder (and drier) outside.
We love wearing foundation, but we don’t always love the way it dries out our skin. When we’re desperately trying to keep our skin dewy, it’s essential to look for a hydrating formula.
The foundations below will give you a beautiful, even canvas, plus they are all available at your local beauty supply store.
L’OREAL INFALLIBLE Fresh Wear 24HR Foundation
This foundation is suitable for all skin types, and it stays dewy all day.
It’s super lightweight, provides medium coverage with a natural fresh finish, and it lasts all day! Plus, it contains SPF 25.
FLOWER BEAUTY Light Illusion Liquid Foundation
This foundation builds up naturally, leaving you with a dewy glow. It’s also a very lightweight, breathable formula that contains SPF 15, and provides medium skin-perfecting coverage.
MAKEUP REVOLUTION Fast Base Stick Foundation
This foundation is one of our editor’s go-to products. Because it comes in a stick, it’s easy and quick to apply, making it a perfect item to carry with you.
This foundation offers medium coverage that’s buildable to full coverage, leaving a gorgeous radiant finish.
L’OREAL INFALLIBLE Pro-Glow Foundation
By far the most popular drugstore foundation for dry skin, this foundation is a lightweight foundation that’s hydrating with a dewy/glowy finish.
The light to medium coverage lasts all day! It’s also super comfortable to wear and contains SPF 15.
These are the best foundations for dry skin money can buy! It all comes down to taking care of your skin, especially during drier, cold months. Below are some quick tips you can incorporate into your skincare routine to keep your dry skin dewy.
- Avoid matte foundations if you have dry skin! It tends to settle and crack.
- Stick with liquid foundations since they provide an extra moisture boost.
- Avoid salicylic acid in your foundation since it sucks up too much oil. Use it as a spot treatment outside your makeup routine.
- Look for moisturizing ingredients like hyaluronic acid and vitamin E.
- Always exfoliate and use an oil cleanser!
- Spritz a bit of a hydrating setting spray over your foundation to keep it dewy. We love anything with rosewater.