Game night is a fun way to spend quality time with family and friends. Here are a few suggestions for an unforgettable game night experience:
Themed Game Night
One way to add variety to a game night is by choosing a theme. This can be anything from a decade to a movie or TV show. You can decorate your space, select appropriate games, and even dress up! Here are some unique ideas for your next themed game night:
- Reliving the ’80s: Reminiscing about big hair, neon clothes, and catchy music is easy when hosting an ’80s game night! Some games to try include Twister, Charades, and Pictionary.
- Movie Night: Bring two passions together by hosting a movie-themed game night. You can combine movies and board games like Clue, Would You Rather, or Scene It.
- TV Shows: A TV show-themed game night is an entertaining way to test your knowledge of your favorite programs. Games include Family Feud, Jeopardy!, and Trivial Pursuit. Alternatively, you can dress up like your favorite characters from popular TV series like Euphoria or Stranger Things.
Culinary Game Night
Culinary game night is a delicious experience, from board games and card tournaments to fun food-based challenges and beyond! Some popular culinary game night options include:
- Cooking Competition: Hold a cooking competition to find the master chef! Divide your guests into teams and have them compete against one another in various cooking challenges, such as making the best pizza or the most creative dessert.
- Iron Chef: One person is appointed the “Iron Chef” and must prepare a dish using specific ingredients. Other players judge and evaluate the dish according to taste, presentation, and creativity – just like on the show!
- Chopped: Based on the Food Network show, players receive a basket of ingredients and must use them to craft their dishes.
Outdoor Game Night
If the weather permits, why not extend your game night outdoors? Set up your yard with games like cornhole, lawn bowling, frisbee, water balloon toss, and more.