Every day it’s the same question: What’s for dinner? And every day, the same inner battle ensues. You’re sick of tacos; chicken and rice just won’t cut it; and the thought of leftovers makes your stomach turn. So…what is for dinner? Consider heading over to TikTok!
TikTok is home to more than cute dog videos, dance clips, prank challenges, and home renovation DIYs. It also has a niche for master chefs and amateur foodies alike. So put on a pot of boiling water because we’re sharing some of TikTok’s best pasta recipes!
It’s delicious, it’s refreshing, and it’s something different. Perhaps that’s why this surprisingly light recipe from @cookingwithbello has racked up well over a million views. Tune in and get ready to screenshot this delicious recipe at the end of the video or view the recipe here.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 5 oz linguine
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- In a pan over medium-low heat, drizzle extra-virgin olive oil and add garlic cloves. Sizzle for a couple minutes.
- Add juice of 1 lemon; let it evaporate for a few minutes or until it starts losing acidity.
- Add heavy cream, lemon zest, and pinch of salt; let sauce simmer for a couple minutes.
- In the meantime, boil linguine in salted water; drain, and add it to lemon sauce.
- Toss well over heat to combine flavors, adding some pasta water if necessary.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley on top.
Want pasta but need your daily dose of protein? This dish from @halfbakedharvest has you covered on both fronts. Full of chicken and veggies, this one-pot recipe will keep you full and satisfied for hours to come. View the recipe below or visit Half-Baked Harvest’s website.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 (8-ounce) jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- Red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound short-cut pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Drain 3 Tbsp oil from the sun-dried tomato jar into a large pot or skillet with sides. Chop sun-dried tomatoes and set aside.
- Set pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken, 3 Tbsp Italian seasoning, paprika, and pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook until golden brown, 5 minutes. Add ¼ cup Parmesan; cook another minute, then remove the chicken from pot.
- To the same pot, add butter, shallot, garlic, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add 3½ cups water. Bring to a boil, add pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente, 8 minutes. Stir in cream, mustard, Parmesan, spinach, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Slide the chicken and any juices left on plate.
- Serve pasta topped with lemon juice and fresh Parmesan.
Got a big appetite? This pasta from @chefpriyanka not only has a big name, it’s a big dish! With giant pasta and spinach jalapeño pesto sauce, this is not your everyday pasta dish. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find the exact measurements or instructions for this dish online, so if you want to give the big green pasta a try, hop on over to her page for a tutorial!
This dish from @moribyan, which can be ready in less than 30 minutes, is packed full of chili, garlic, heavy cream, Parmesan, peppers, mushrooms, and Cajun seasoning. The combination of flavors comes together for a well-rounded dish that’s always a crowd-pleaser. Prep it for your next party or to spice up a regular weeknight.
Ingredients (Serves 5):
For the Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder blend
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- Pinch of cayenne powder (optional)
- Olive oil for pan
For the Sauce
- ½ whole red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ whole green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1½ cup mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup Parmesan, freshly grated
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
For the Pasta
- 10 oz pasta
For the Chicken
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil with chili powder, salt, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne powder to make marinade.
- Pour marinade over chicken, making sure it is even.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil. Add chicken; sear on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip over to sear the other side, then drop the heat to low and allow chicken to cook through, about 2 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken; save oil in the pan to sauté veggies and make sauce.
For the Sauce & Pasta
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil, then generously salt water. Drop in pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat the same saucepan used to cook chicken over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes or until they get a nice color. Add garlic and butter. Mix again and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour in heavy cream with Cajun seasoning and basil. Mix and bring to a boil. Drop the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Add Parmesan, lemon juice, and salt if needed. Mix again, and cook until sauce thickens.
- Once pasta cooks, drain and toss into the sauce.
- Slice chicken; add on top of the pasta with more Parmesan.
One Pot Cacio e Pepe
This easy pasta dish from @fooddolls can be whipped up in no time. And with this recipe, you can do it with just one pot. Parmesan, butter, and plenty of pepper create the perfect flavor. Don’t forget to stock up on linguine – you’ll need it on hand once you get addicted to this dish. View recipe below or click here.
- 12 oz pot-sized linguine
- ¾ cup freshly shredded Parmesan
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 32 oz low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- In a large pot, on medium-high heat, add uncooked pasta, salt, and broth.
- Bring broth to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10-12 minutes or until the linguine is al dente.
- Add butter and grated cheese, stirring until both are melted.
- Grind in a generous amount of black pepper, then stir together.
- Serve, garnishing with shaved Parmesan.
Tried any of the recipes above? Share your thoughts in the comments below!