Stars poured out for the 2017 People’s Choice Awards in Los Angeles last night. From Ellen DeGeneres’s staggering 20 wins to Black Lively’s “girl power” speech, the night was on fire with much to celebrate. But, it didn’t come without it’s awkward moments. Here’s a recap of last night’s award show, including the good, the bad and the ugly.
Good: Some of the “good” things that happened:
- Female diversity in Hollwyood became a hot topic calling for stronger female characters.
- The show ended with a dedication to Ellen DeGeneres.
- There was a dedication to Tyler Perry’s work.
- Fifth Harmony performed as a foursome at the awards show.
Bad: Some of the “bad” things that happened:
- The front five rows of the theatre was dedicated to whisking celebrities in and out.
- McHale did not do a great job at hosting the awards. His joke exchanges were mildly amusing and some even fell flat.
- The Rock gives Kevin Hart the middle finger as he accepts award.
Ugly: Some of the “ugly” things that happened:
- McHale made a joke earlier in the show that the teleprompter would breakdown, and later it actually did.
- Not every winner had a chance to have their voices heard, due to the two hour time crunch. Many awardees gave their speeches during the commercial break.
Some of last night’s winners:
Favorite Movie Icon – Johnny Depp
Favorite Movie – ‘Finding Dory’
Favorite Movie Actor – Ryan Reynolds
Favorite Movie Actress – Jennifer Lawrence
Favorite Comedic Movie – ‘Bad Moms’
Favorite Comedic Movie Actor – Kevin Hart
Favorite Comedic Movie Actress – Melissa McCarthy
Favorite Network TV Comedy – ‘The Big Bang Theory’
Favorite Comedic TV Actress – Sofia Vergara
READ MORE: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of People’s Choice Awards 2017