Image via Atlantic Naturals
If you’re looking for a new way to increase the nutritional benefits of your daily diet, look no further—sea moss is the newest health food craze. It contains 92 out of the 102 vitamins and minerals that our bodies need daily.
Wait, what is sea moss?
Sea moss is a red algae found along the coastlines of Europe, the Caribbean islands, and North America. For centuries, this algae has been harvested and used as medicine to treat illnesses and help preserve beauty. There is very little scientific research about the benefits of sea moss, but it has a long history in Irish and Scottish folk medicine. Consider it a secret, but potent, natural remedy, because it contains 92 out of the 102 vitamins and minerals that our bodies need daily. Modern-day nutritionists strongly believe in its ability to promote gut health and boost the immune system.
Just like anything, there is no one single answer to our health problems, but by incorporating sea moss into your daily diet, you will be providing your body with a ton of necessary nutrients!
Why take sea moss?
Contains 92 essential vitamins and minerals
- Sea moss contains nutritious vitamins and minerals like B12, B1, B2, calcium, chromium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and many more!
- Sea moss is a superfood that is rich in potassium iodide, which dissolves mucus and aids the respiratory system. It is also rich in antioxidants and antiviral properties which can be used to help sore throats, bronchitis, chest coughs, and pneumonia. There has never been a better time to start incorporating sea moss into your daily wellness regimen.
Promotes regular thyroid function
- Iodine is a mineral found in sea moss that supports thyroid health. Your thyroid is in charge of increasing the rate of your heartbeat to control the blood flow through your brain, so it’s important that it’s in good health. Iodine also helps speed up your metabolism for digestion and energy!
- Sea moss is rich in potassium, which helps balance your mood and aid in mental function. Its high quantities of vitamin B help with stress.
Beautiful skin, hair, and nails
- All the rich vitamins and minerals found in sea moss are just as good for your skin as they are for your body. When applied topically, sea moss is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, which means its great for clear, hydrated skin. For a glowing complexion, start using sea moss gel in your daily facial routine.
Promotes healthy sexual function
- Sea moss contains zinc, which is recommended to maintain a healthy reproductive system and libido. It is also known to improve blood circulation in the body.
Sea moss supplements: