Having a home library can bring you a sense of accomplishment. While we enjoy filling our inspirational Pinterest boards with beautiful home libraries, making our own can seem like a daunting task. Nonetheless, it doesn’t have to be. A reading spot is a similar concept to a home library without all the demands for space. By creating your own reading spots using these eight ideas based on home libraries, you can make your own little book sanctuary without all the hassle.
- Comfort is Key: If you’re making a reading spot in your home, feeling comfortable while reading in that spot is pretty integral to the concept. Get some lovely pillows and fuzzy blankets that will make your reading spot the comfiest part of your home.
- Miniature Bookshelf: You might not have the floor to ceiling bookcases (yet!) but get your reading spot started by including just a few books in your spot, whether on a single shelf or on an end table.
- Scent: Nothing makes a reading spot more cozy than a lovely candle with a pleasant scent. Find something you’ll enjoy lighting every time you settle into your reading spot.
- Lighting: If you’re reading, the right lighting is vital to help your eyes read with ease. Try a spot lamp that can attach to the wall to get direct light right on your book.
- Silence: One important factor we can extract from all libraries is the need for silence. Set your reading spot up in a place you know you’ll be able to find some quiet when you need it.
- Your Decor: Sure wood-filled home libraries are all the rage, but if that’s not your style, nix it. Find the aesthetic that you love and build your reading spot from that style.
- Give Yourself Space: Ensure you have enough space in your reading area for a cup of tea or snacks if you bring them with you. Find a cute way to give yourself some space with a little table or another flat surface.
- Plants: Every space can be improved with a little greenery. Decide what your style is and add some plants to fit; maybe you’ll prefer colorful flowers or dried eucalyptus; your reading spot, your choice.
You might not have your dream home library yet, but that doesn’t mean you have to wait to create your reading spot at home. These tips will get you started on your own reading nook.