It’s easy to take the vital role sleep plays in our health for granted. Sleeping is something we do every day, and with the ever-increasing demands of work and the need to stay competitive, it’s easy to let the quality of our sleep slide in favor of getting more work done or having some much-needed fun.
Tempting as it might be, neglecting sleep is a risky move. There’s no shortage of research that shows how vital good quality sleep is to our body and mind. So how can you get better sleep and ensure you’re taking care of yourself in this crucial way? These nine podcasts are great ways to up your sleep quality.
- Miette’s Bedtime Story Podcast. This podcast takes it back to tradition with a simple bedtime story format to help you doze off quickly and soundly while getting a nice dose of literature and creativity.
- Welcome to Nightvale. Another story-time based sleep inducer, this podcast is essentially a radio show set in a fictional and fantastical town.
- Guided Sleep Meditations. Sleep meditations are a favorite for making sure we get to sleep faster and sounder. This podcast is highly rated for its ability to do just that.
- Sleep and Relax ASMR. You’ve probably heard all about ASMR, which stands for autonomous sensory meridian response. The concept is a massage for your brain through the use of sound. Curious? Give this podcast a listen.
- The ASMR Podcast. If you’re already a seasoned ASMR fan, you’ll love this podcast that features the best of the best when it comes to ASMR.
- Deep Energy 2.0. It might seem like listening to music would be distracting while you try to sleep, but this curated podcast of relaxing music will have you wondering how you ever want to sleep without it.
- Tracks to Relax. Another podcast that uses a meditational framework for helping you slow the rush of thoughts that often contribute to losing out on better sleep. If you’ve never used a guided meditation for getting to sleep before, you’re in for a major treat.
- Classical Music Discoveries. One classic way (get it?) to unwind is with good music. This podcast curates classical music that can help you zone out and drift off.
- Get Sleepy. This might just be your next podcast obsession. Get Sleepy is designed in every way to provide you with better sleep—from ASMR techniques to calming music and relaxing bedtime stories, you won’t be able to do anything but sleep while listening to this podcast.